Blocking is the method by which administrators can prevent users from editing on Lessa Wiki. Blocks are used to prevent damage, spam, vandalism or disruption. Blocks are sometimes used as a deterrent, to discourage the disrespectful behaviour that led to the block and to encourage a productive editing environment.
Administrators should not undo other administrators' blocks without prior discussion. Blatant vandalism, such as deliberately publishing nonsense and/or profanity to an article, warrants an immediate block and does not require a warning.
Reasons for Blocking
Accounts and/or IP addresses may be blocked for:
- Harassment and/or personal attacks on another user(s)
- Spamming and/or vandalism (i.e intentionally defacing a page)
- Violation/disregard of the wiki's policies
- Causing/inciting edit wars
Duration Of Blocks
- First Offence = A written warning on the users wall. (Depending on the severity of the offence, a user may be blocked, immediately without warning. An immediate block that doesn't require a warning will last for a minimum of a year.)
- Second Offence = A block lasting two weeks or more.
- Third Offence = A block lasting three months or more.
- Fourth Offence = A block lasting one year or an indefinite block.